Tuna and potato pie2013-10-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
A very pleasant pie, with excellent presentation, stuffed with tuna seasoned with oregano, pepper and chopped garlic, confectioned with tomato and onion, mixed with fried potatoes, covered with a béchamel mixture and sprinkled with grated cheese.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 230 grams / (8 1/4 ounces) puff pastry
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) potatoes
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Oregano (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 300 ml / (1 1/4 cups) béchamel
- 1 egg
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Shred the tuna and season with oregano, pepper and chopped garlic. Set aside.
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Season with salt and fry in hot oil. When they are fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, place the olive oil, chopped onion and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Leave to sauté over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the tuna with the seasonings, stir and cook over low heat about five minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Place the fried potatoes in the pan and mix gently in the tuna. Drain the sauce and set aside.
- Whisk the béchamel together with the egg and a few drops of lemon juice; set aside.
- Line a pie pan (27 x 4 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 1 1/2 inches)) with the puff pastry. Prick the bottom with a fork and place the tuna mixture over the pastry. Cover with the béchamel mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bring to preheated oven at 180ºC / (350ºF) about 20 to 25 minutes.