Turkey leg in the oven with honey and spices2017-12-27
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 1:45 h
- Ready In : 3:50 h
Going to have a family lunch and want to prepare something delicious? Try this turkey leg recipe in the oven with honey and spices! It’s very simple to prepare, quite tasty and your family will love the delicious aromas combination. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) turkey leg
- 1 large onion
- Thyme (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- With a sharp knife make 2 to 3 cuts across the turkey leg.
- On a baking dish, put the onion cut into round slices together with the turkey leg. Season with a little salt, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, oregano, honey, olive oil, paprika, the peeled whole garlic, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and honey. Let marinate for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Bake until golden brown, about 1 hour and 45 minutes (if it begins to golden excessively, cover the leg with aluminum foil). Occasionally drizzle with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve with fries or rice.