Turkey steaks with peppers and rice2014-09-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
During the week, cook quick and easy meals but always with a special touch. Prepare the turkey steaks with peppers and rice and you will have a delicious and fantastic meal for lunch with your family.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 450 grams (1 pound) turkey steaks
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion and the peppers cut into strips in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the meat cut into strips and season with a little salt, nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce and the red pepper sauce. Stir and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, season with a little more salt and mix the rice in the meat and peppers. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the rice about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
Turkey steaks with peppers and rice
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 18 g(23%)
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g(18%)
Cholesterol: 85 mg(28%)
Sodium: 195 mg(8%)
Total Carbohydrate: 55.5 g(20%)
Protein: 38 g