White beans with chorizo and poached eggs2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 45m
Want to prepare a very nutritious and tasty meal? We have the perfect solution for you, white beans with chorizo and poached eggs. Try it!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 400 grams (14 ounces) white beans
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 eggs
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with about 1 liter (about 4 cups) water cook the beans about 15 to 20 minutes. When the beans are cooked, turn off the heat, drain the beans with a skimmer and set aside. Reserve the beans cooking water.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic, pepper, the bay leaves and the chorizo cut into round slices in a sauce and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the beans and season with a little salt. Stir and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the beans cooking water (about 400 ml (1 3/4 cups)), stir and cook over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the eggs and poach them about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
White beans with chorizo and poached eggs
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 26.5 g(41%)
Saturated Fat: 7 g(34%)
Cholesterol: 186 mg(62%)
Sodium: 427 mg(18%)
Total Carbohydrate: 65.5 g(22%)
Protein: 35.5 g