A pie with excellent presentation, for the whole family, confectioned with flour, eggs, sugar, margarine and lemon zest, topped with a mixture of liquid caramel, condensed milk, whipping cream and almond kernels.
For the dough:
- 140 grams / (5 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) margarine
- Zest of one lemon
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) almond kernels
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) margarine
- 180 grams / (6 1/3 ounces) condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) whipping cream
For the topping:
- For the dough:
In a bowl melt the margarine in microwave.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs along with the melted margarine, lemon zest and the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Then, add the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) previously greased with margarine and dusted with flour. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Unmold, and place the dough on a baking pan lined with aluminum foil.
- For the topping:
In a pan place the condensed milk, margarine and the caramel. Bring to medium-low heat until starts boiling. Stir once in a while. Pour the whipping cream and the almond kernels and stir with a spoon until obtain a very creamy mixture. Allow to cool slightly, and spread with the help of a spatula the mixture over the dough.
- Bring back to preheated oven at 190°C / (375ºF) until the pie starts to turns golden brown.