A delicious bread prepared with a dough confectioned with flour, water, baker’s yeast, egg, salt and olive oil, stuffed with ham and cheese, brushed with egg yolk and sprinkled with oregano.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baker's yeast (fresh or dry yeast)
- 1 egg
- 125 ml / (1/2 cup) water
- 16 ham slices (about 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces))
- 8 cheese slices (about 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces))
- Oregano (to taste)
- Dissolve the baker’s yeast on 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) of the water. In a bowl place the olive oil, salt, the dissolved baker’s yeast, flour, egg and the remaining water. Knead everything nicely inside the bowl, and then, place the dough over a table sprinkled with a little flour. Rub your hands with a little olive oil to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands and, knead about ten minutes until the dough is fully involved and soft. Let stand for 25 minutes in a bowl covered with cling film.
- Divide the dough into six, and place in a baking tray previously sprinkled with flour. Over each one place a cheese slice and two ham slices. Close the dough over the cheese and the ham. Cover the baking tray with cling film and let stand for ten minutes.
- Brush each one with beaten egg and sprinkle with oregano. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 30 minutes until slightly browned.