A delicious recipe, bread confectioned with flour, eggs, salt, baker’s yeast, water and olive oil, topped with veal cubes stewed, seasoned with olive oil, garlic, pepper, white wine, oregano and nutmeg, garnished with radishes and lettuce.
- For the bread:
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baker's yeast (fresh or dry yeast)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) water
- A pinch of salt
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) veal cubes
- 10 Portuguese chouriço slices (about 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces))
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- Oregano (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Radishes (to taste)
- Lettuce (to taste)
For the meat:
- For the bread:
Dissolve the baker’s yeast in 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) of the water. In a bowl place the flour, the dissolved baker’s yeast, a pinch of salt, eggs, olive oil and the remaining water. Knead everything nicely inside the bowl, and then, place the dough over a table sprinkled with a little flour. Rub your hands with a little olive oil to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands and, knead about ten minutes until the dough is fully involved and soft. Let stand about 25 minutes in a bowl covered with cling film.
- Grease a baking tray with margarine and sprinkle with flour. Place the dough over the tray, knead a little more, and give it an oval or a square shape. Mold the dough, so that the edges stay higher. Prick the middle with a fork. Let stand for ten minutes.
- Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 25 to 30 minutes until the bread start to turn golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the meat:
Season the veal cubes with a little salt, olive oil, white wine, sliced garlic, nutmeg, oregano and pepper. Leave to marinate about two hours.
- In a saucepan, place the meat together with the marinade and the chouriço slices. Stir with a wooden spoon and bring to a low heat with the pan covered about 25 to 30 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Place the veal cubes over the bread, drizzle with the meat sauce and serve garnished with radish slices and lettuce strips.