Fried chicken is a simple and quick recipe to prepare, chicken breasts seasoned with salt, lemon juice, nutmeg, garlic, pepper and bay leaf, sautéed in olive oil and onion, coated in beaten egg and breadcrumbs, fried in vegetable oil.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 egg
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, lemon juice, sliced garlic, pepper, nutmeg, bay leaf and leave to marinate about an hour.
- In a frying pan, place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices and sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the chicken breasts and fry them slightly on both sides over medium-low heat. Remove them to a plate and allow to cool a little.
- Coat the chicken breasts in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs. Fry them on both sides in a frying pan with vegetable oil. When they are fried place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- Serve the breaded chicken with tomato rice.