A delicious recipe of rabbit seasoned with salt, white wine, garlic, pepper, nutmeg and bay leaf, stewed in olive oil and onions, coated in beaten egg and breadcrumbs, fried in vegetable oil.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the rabbit with salt, pepper, nutmeg, chopped garlic, bay leaf and white wine. Leave to marinate about an hour.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil and the onion cut into round slices. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Stir once in a while. Then, add the rabbit along with the marinade, stir and cook over low heat about 15 to 20 minutes. When is cooked, remove to a plate and let cool.
- Coat the rabbit pieces in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet with oil. When is hot, add the chicken pieces and fry on both sides. When they are fried, place the rabbit pieces on a platter over absorbent paper.
- Serve the breaded rabbit with roasted potatoes.