In a cold Winter afternoon, tastes good a comforting cake slice with a warm cup of tea. We suggest a brown sugar cake with the delicious honey aroma that will provide you a nice afternoon with friends!
- 200 grams (1 1/4 cups) dark brown sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) tutti-frutti yoghurt
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the brown sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the honey, the yoghurt and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool to room temperature and serve.