The fusion between chocolate and orange is simply delicious and everyone loves it! If you are going to have a party among friends and want to prepare something special, these chocolate and orange cupcakes are perfect for the occasion, they are simple and have excellent presentation!!
- 3 eggs
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one orange
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, eggs and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder, the orange juice and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a quite creamy mixture.
- Pour small portions of the cream into the paper liners and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the muffins from the oven, let cool to room temperature and serve.