Homemade cake confectioned with a delicious blend of cinnamon and milk that can be served with tea or coffee.
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 225 grams (1 2/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (26 x 7 centimeters (10 1/4-inch diameter with x 2 3/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy texture. Then, add the milk, olive oil, cinnamon and the Port wine and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve with tea or coffee.