Prepare this simple and delicious cod in the oven drizzled with béchamel in a dinner among friends. They gonna love it…
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) béchamel sauce
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) potatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. In a baking dish, place at the bottom, the onion cut into round slices and over the top, the potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, season with some salt and bake about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skins and the bones and flake the cod with a fork. Season with pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the béchamel and the cream with a fork.
- Remove briefly the baking dish from the oven, place the cod over the potatoes and drizzle with the béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and place back on the oven about 15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven and serve.