Want to prepare an easy dinner for the whole family with excellent presentation and delicious? This cod recipe with peppers is very pleasant and everyone will love it!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 900 grams (2 pounds))
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) small potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the potatoes and cook them with the peel in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them, cut them in half and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook the cod about 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork.
- Place the onions cut into round slices, the peppers cut into strips, chopped garlic and the olive oil in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the flaked cod and the potatoes, season with some pepper and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.