As the name implies, this cake is really delicious! Prepared with a delicious mix of ingredients this cake has a very nice presentation that it’s worth trying!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 2 red apples
- 75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) nuts
- 3 eggs
- 70 grams (2 1/2 ounces) sultanas
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 grams (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 70 ml (1/3 cup) rum
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (25 x 10 centimeters (9 3/4 x 4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In a saucepan place the sultanas drizzled with rum. Bring to a boil over medium heat. When starts boiling, turn off the heat and leave the sultanas in the pan for five minutes to absorb the flavor.
- Place the nuts in a blender and blend until a fine consistency. Wash, peel the apples and cut them into small cubes; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the cinnamon, the salt and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture. Finally, fold with a spatula the grinded nuts, the drained sultanas and the apple pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely. Garnish with powdered sugar and cinnamon and serve.