This our recipe is delicious and alternative, light and fresh fruit cake, ideal to serve with iced tea on a Summer afternoon with friends.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) dried grapes
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) walnut kernels
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) almonds in shell
- 130 grams (4 2/3 ounces) candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the margarine with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the eggs and the Port wine and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the candied cherries, a tablespoon flour, the dried grapes, the walnuts and the almonds. Add this mixture to the dough and fold with the help of a spatula.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.