A tasty recipe of croquettes confectioned with fish, onion, garlic, olive oil, milk, lemon, pepper and salt, wrapped in beaten egg and breadcrumbs, fried in hot oil.
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) fish
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 1 egg
- Juice of half a lemon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- In a pan with water seasoned with salt, add the fish and leave to cook about two minutes. Place on a plate, remove the spines and the skins and cut it into pieces.
- In a blender, mince slightly the fish and place it on a plate. Set aside.
- In a pan place the olive oil, the chopped onions and the chopped garlic. Leave to sauté over low heat about two to three minutes. Add the fish and cook about four minutes on a low heat. Stir once in a while.
- Turn off the heat, add the flour and wrap well in the fish. Then, pour the milk and mix everything well. Season with salt, lemon juice and pepper, sprinkle with chopped parsley and mix well.
- Place the dough on a plate and leave to cool. Once the dough cool, mold in the shape of croquettes using your hands.
- Coat the croquettes in beaten egg and in breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil. After fried place them in a platter over absorbent paper.
- Serve with tomato rice, lettuce salad and grated carrot.