Always an excellent option, a simple, fast and tasty recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
- 4 beef steaks (about 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces))
- 4 medium onions
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) margarine
- 4 eggs
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat over low heat a frying pan with 50 grams (1/4 cup) margarine. When the margarine is completely melted, add the steaks and fry them on both sides over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another frying pan, put the remaining margarine together with the saffron and the onions cut into round slices. Stir, and place over low heat about 7 to 8 minutes until the onion starts to turn slightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- When the steaks are fried, remove them to a plate and fry the eggs in the steaks sauce.
- Serve the steaks, the fried eggs and the onion sprinkled with thyme.