If you want to prepare an easy and tasty fish meal look no further! This hake recipe drizzled with tomato sauce and with the slight chouriço aroma is delicious! Try it!!
- 4 hake steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 1 large onion
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, add the olive oil, onion cut into round slices, bay leaf, peeled garlic and the sliced chouriço. Sauté on a low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small chunks, the red pepper sauce and cook until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with white wine, cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.