If you want to prepare an easy and tasty fish meal look no further! This hake recipe drizzled with tomato sauce and with the slight chouriço aroma is delicious! Try it!!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 4 hake steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 1 large onion
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, the bay leaf, the peeled garlic and the sliced chouriço in a saucepan and cook over low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the red pepper sauce and cook until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish and season with a little salt and pepper. Drizzle with white wine and cook over low heat with the pan covered about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.