Delicious mini pies, prepared with a filling confectioned with peeled shrimp seasoned with pepper and white wine, sautéed in olive oil and onion, mixed with crab sticks and béchamel, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) peeled shrimp
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) crab sticks
- 1 seafood stock cube
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- Parsley (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the shrimps with a pinch of salt, pepper and white wine. Cut the crab sticks into small pieces and set aside.
- In a pan place the olive oil and the onions cut into round slices. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the seafood stock cube and stir with a wooden spoon until dissolved. Add the shrimps with the marinade, stir, cover the pan and cook over low heat about ten minutes.
- When the shrimp are almost cooked add the crab sticks, stir and cook for more two minutes. Pour the béchamel, mix well in the mixture, turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Grease mini pie pans with margarine. Extend the shortcrust pastry over a table, cut circles with the help of a cup and line the mini pie forms. Pour small portions of the seafood mixture and cover the mini pie pans with small circles. Press slightly with your fingers the edges to unite the dough. Brush on top with beaten egg yolk and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 15 to 20 minutes until browning on top. Remove from oven, unmold and serve.