A delicious cake with a great mix of flavors, confectioned with honey, crushed nuts, lemon zest, cinnamon, sugar and olive oil, cut into squares, garnished with powdered sugar.
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) nuts
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- Zest of one lemon
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Peel and grind the nuts in a blender. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat the eggs along with the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy texture. Then, add the olive oil, honey, cinnamon and the crushed walnuts, without stop beating. Finally, add the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Grease a rectangular cake tin (27 x 10 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (10 2/3 x 4-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour. Pour the previous mixture inside the cake tin and bring to preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely. Cut the cake in squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.