A very pleasant semifreddo with excellent presentation, prepared with a base of wafer and chocolate, strawberry pudding and gelatin mixed with peach and pineapple.
- For the base:
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) margarine
- 1 tablespoon chocolate powder
- 200 grams (7 ounces) marie biscuits (or other type of wafers)
- 22 grams (3/4 ounce) instant pudding
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 500 ml (about 2 cups) milk
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar to beat the cream
- 65 grams (2 1/4 ounces) powdered gelatin
- 500 ml (about 2 cups) water
- 2 peaches
- 4 pineapple slices
For the pudding:
For the gelatin:
- For the base:
Grind the biscuits in a blender. Place the margarine in a bowl along with the chocolate powder. Bring to microwave to melt. Remove from microwave and stir with a spoon.
- In a large bowl place the grinded biscuits and the margarine and the chocolate mixture and wrap everything nicely.
- Pour the previous mixture in the bottom of a springform pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) and with the help of a cup press the biscuit to stay with a flat and compact shape.
- Freeze for approximately two hours.
- For the pudding:
Place the pudding and the sugar in a pan. Pour the milk slowly and go stirring with a spoon. Bring the pan over high heat until starts boiling. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and stir constantly about two to three minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Store the whipping cream in the fridge 20 minutes.
- Beat the cream along with a tablespoon of sugar until whipped cream. When the pudding is completely cold, wrap the whipped cream with the help of a spatula.
- Line the ring of the springform pan with cling film, pour the mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate about four hours.
- For the gelatin:
Heat a pan with 250 ml (about 1 cup) water. When the water starts boiling, add the gelatin and dissolve it well in the water. Turn off the heat, add the remaining water and let cool.
- Peel the peaches and cut them ino pieces. Cut the pineapple slices into small pieces. Place the fruit on top of the pudding and pour the gelatin. Refrigerate about five to six hours. Unmold and serve.