In the Winter, a warm cup of tea and a pumpkin almond cake slice is delicious… Try it!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin jam
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) almond kernel
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds until they become a fine powder.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and sugar until a homogeneous mixture. Add the pumpkin jam, the grinded almond kernel, cinnamon and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.