A very tasty and enjoyable recipe of muffins with the delicious taste of ricotta. Try it, you gonna love it.
- 3 eggs
- 175 grams (6 1/4 ounces) ricotta
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease muffin pans with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, the egg yolks and the ricotta until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the lemon zest and mix for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. After everything well beaten, fold gently with the help of a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour small portions of the dough in each one of the muffin pans (about two thirds of the pans) and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the muffins from the oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve.