Delicious croquettes, prepared with shrimp and ham, confectioned with onion, nutmeg, pepper, cornstarch, egg yolks and salt, coated in beaten egg and breadcrumbs, fried in oil.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 450 grams / (1 pound) peeled shrimp
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) ham
- 1 small onion
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 500 ml / (2 cups and 2 tablespoons) water
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt (to taste)
- In a pan with 500 ml / (2 cups and 2 tablespoons) water seasoned with a sprig of parsley and a little salt, cook the peeled shrimp.
- When the shrimp is cooked, place them in a plate and reserve the shrimp cooking water.
- In a pan over low heat pour the shrimp cooking water and dissolve the corn starch in the water until a thicken cream. Add the chopped onion, stir, season with a little pepper, salt and nutmeg, and leave to cook about two to three minutes. Remove from the heat for a moment, mix well the egg yolks in the dough, and finally, add the peeled shrimp along with the ham cut into small pieces.
- Place back over low heat, and allow to cook about two minutes. When is cooked remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Mold the dough with your hands in the shape of croquettes. Coat the croquettes in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil. When they are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the croquettes with lettuce and tomato salad.