A very simple recipe to prepare, cod stewed in olive oil, tomato, onion, garlic and bay leaf, seasoned with salt and pepper, mixed in potatoes and shrimp, sprinkled with parsley.
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams (1 2/3 pounds))
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) shrimp
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into round slices.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil along with onions cut into round slices, peeled garlic, the peeled tomato cut into chunks, bay leaf, the cod cut into pieces and the potatoes. Season everything with a little salt and pepper and stir gently with a wooden spoon. Cover the pan and bring over low heat about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the shrimps in a pan with water. When they are cooked, remove to a plate, allow to cool slightly and peel them.
- When the potatoes and cod mixture is almost cooked, add the shrimp and cook more five minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.