A stew is always a warm and comforting recipe in Winter. Prepare this recipe of stewed pork with potatoes, peas and poached eggs.
- 450 grams (1 pound) pork cut into cubes
- 750 grams (1 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 200 grams (1 1/3 cups) peas
- 2 carrots
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 2 medium onions
- 4 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash and peel the potatoes and the carrots. Cut the potatoes into cubes and the carrots into round slices and reserve everything in water.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, chopped onions, the chouriço cut into round slices, chopped garlic, the tomato cut into small chunks, the meat and, season with salt and pepper. Stir, cover the saucepan and simmer over low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the potatoes, the sliced carrots, the peas and enough water to cover completely the mixture. Season with a little more salt, stir and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling reduce to low heat and cook about 25 to 30 minutes.
- When almost ready, add the eggs and leave them poach for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.