A simple recipe to prepare, little breads confectioned with flour, sugar, milk, eggs, baker’s yeast, salt and water, that are going to oven brushed with egg yolk and sprinkled with sugar.
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) margarine
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baker's yeast (fresh or dry yeast)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 ml / (1 3/4 tablespoons) water
- 25 ml / (1 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Sugar for dusting
- In a bowl, mix the flour together with the margarine, sugar and the salt. Then, add the water, milk, eggs and mix well. Finally, mix the baker’s yeast.
- Place the dough over a table sprinkled with a little flour, rub your hands with a little olive oil to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands and, knead about ten minutes until the dough is fully involved and soft. Let stand about 25 minutes in a bowl covered with cling film.
- Knead the dough a little more, divide it into six pieces, and place them on a baking pan previously greased with margarine and dusted with flour. Cover the baking tray with cling film and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Brush each bread with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 25 minutes until browned.