Want to innovate? Make a different recipe? Try our delicious tuna cake recipe and serve with salad.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSubscribe to our newsletter and receive new recipes in your inbox.
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 1 large onion
- Oregano (to taste)
- 250 grams (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 200 ml (1 cup) milk
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Drain the tuna, shred it with a fork and season with oregano; set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a skillet and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Then, add the tuna, stir and simmer about 4 to 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with a little olive oil.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the milk until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Season with a little salt and pepper and beat for 1 minute to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixed with the baking powder. After everything well beaten, fold the tuna mixture in the dough.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven) until golden.
- Remove the tuna cake from the oven, unmold and serve with salad.