A recipe with a great variety of ingredients, clams, pork, peeled shrimp, chouriço, sausage and crab sticks mixed in rice, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) pork cut into pieces
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) clams
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 8 Portuguese chouriço slices (about 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces))
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) squid
- 140 grams (5 ounces) Frankfurter sausages (6 units)
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) white wine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) peas
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) crab sticks
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) peeled shrimp
- Salt (to taste)
- Leave the clams in water seasoned with salt about two hours to remove the sand. Season the meat with white wine, two chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Leave to marinate about two hours.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the chopped onions, two chopped garlic and the chouriço slices. Leave to sauté over low heat about five minutes. Stir once in a while. Add the meat with the marinade along with the peas and the squid cut into pieces. Leave to cook about 15 to 20 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir once in a while.
- Then, add the sausage cut into slices, clams, the chicken stock cube and the rice. Season with salt and saffron and mix everything with a wooden spoon. Add the water (enough water to cover completely the mixture), stir, simmer and cook about 10 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the peeled shrimp and the crab sticks, stir and cook more two to three minutes. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.