A semifreddo with excellent presentation, with a very pleasant mix of flavors, prepared with vanilla and strawberry pudding, topped with a delicious chocolate mousse garnished with strawberry slices.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- For the base:
- 200 grams (7 ounces) marie biscuits (or other type of wafers)
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) margarine
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons instant strawberry pudding
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 8 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 1 liter (about 4 cups) milk
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Strawberry slices for garnish
For the puddings:
For the mousse:
- For the base:
Grind the biscuits in a blender. Place the margarine in a bowl and melt it in the microwave. Mix the margarine and the biscuits with a wooden spoon.
- Place the mixture in the bottom of a round springform pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)). With the help of a cup, press the grinded biscuit to stay with a flat and compact shape. Set aside.
- For the vanilla pudding:
In a saucepan place the instant vanilla pudding along with the sugar. Pour about 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk and mix with a wooden spoon. Pour more 450 ml (2 cups) milk. Bring the pan over high heat and stir until starts boiling. When starts boiling, stir about four to five minutes until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Place four gelatin sheets in water about four minutes. Drain them well and mix well in the pudding with a spoon. Pour the vanilla pudding on top of the wafer base. Refrigerate until solidify.
- For the strawberry pudding:
Repeat the same process of the vanilla pudding. Let cool the strawberry pudding until warm. When the vanilla pudding solidify, pour over the strawberry pudding and refrigerate until solidify.
- For the mousse:
In a bowl melt in the microwave the chocolate broken into pieces with the margarine; set aside.
- Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- With an electric mixer, beat well the egg yolks with the sugar. Add the melted chocolate with the margarine and beat well. Then, add the egg whites and fold gently with a spatula. Pour the mousse over the strawberry pudding and bring to fridge until solidify.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and serve.