Have a dinner with friends? This vegetable pie will make all the difference, nutritious and very tasty, everyone will enjoy!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) vegetables cut into pieces (carrot, turnip, pumpkin, green bean, peas)
- 250 ml / (1cup and 1 tablespoon) béchamel
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- Pepper (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the vegetables in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 20 minutes. When the vegetables are cooked, drain them and set aside.
- In a frying pan, put the olive oil, the chopped onion, the chopped garlic and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the vegetables and season with some pepper and oregano. Stir and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Put the béchamel, the egg yolks and a few drops of lemon juice in a bowl and whisk all ingredients together.
- Line a pie pan (24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork. Pour the vegetables mixture over the top, drizzle with the béchamel mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and serve.