If you like walnut this cake is perfect for you! It’s a simple cake, quite pleasant and with excellent presentation. It’s ideal to serve in a family snack! Try it!!
- 200 grams (7 ounces) walnut kernels
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In a food processor grind the walnut kernels until obtain a fine powder.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the grinded walnut and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and quite creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.