If you like coconut this cake is perfect for you! Prepare this simple cake with the delicious coconut and milk aroma! Dare yourself!!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) grated coconut
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs yolks with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the milk, the grated coconut, the liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.