If you like coconut this cake is perfect for you! Prepare this simple cake with the delicious coconut and milk aroma! Dare yourself!!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) grated coconut
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs yolks with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the milk, the grated coconut, the liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.