Wreckfish in the oven with clams2014-03-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:50 h
Rate this recipe:
This wreckfish recipe in the oven with clams is very healthy and nutritious, and is quite easy to prepare. It’s the perfect meal for a family day.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) wreckfish
- 2 medium onions
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) clams
- 1 leek
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) white wine
- 250 ml / (1 cup and 1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the clams to soak in salted water for one to two hours. Wash them under running water before cooking.
- Meanwhile, season the fish with salt and let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash and peel the potatoes. In a rectangular baking dish, place the onions cut into round slices, fish, potatoes, leek cut into rings, bay leaf, six peeled whole garlic, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and the red pepper cut into strips. Season the potatoes with a little salt, drizzle everything with 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil and white wine and bake about one hour. Occasionally drizzle the potatoes and the fish with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining olive oil and the remaining chopped garlic in a frying pan and saute over low heat about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the clams, stir with a wooden spoon, cover the pan and simmer over low heat until the clams start to open. Turn off the heat and season with pepper and lemon juice.
- When the fish is baked, remove the baking dish briefly from the oven, add the clams and place the baking dish back on the oven about five minutes. Turn off the oven, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.