This apple cake is soft and tasty. It has an excellent presentation with a shiny chocolate coverage. Serve it in a snack with friends, gonna make success!
For the cake:
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 medium apples
- 5 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 ml (1/4 pint (118 ml)) whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine
For the topping:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks together with the sugar and the lemon zest until a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the yogurt, honey and the vanilla extract and mix about 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Then, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the peeled apples cut into pieces and the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool slightly.
- For the topping:
Place the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork until a creamy mixture. Add the cream and mix everything well.
- Spread the cream with a spatula over the top of the cake and serve.