The cod can be made in many ways, try in the oven with shrimp and clams, is divine!
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 2 medium onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) shrimp
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) clams
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) small potatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the shrimps in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a bunch of coriander and a small onion. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook the shrimps about 5 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Peel the shrimps, put them in a bowl with the clams and season with lemon juice; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Place at the bottom of a baking dish the onions cut into round slices, bay leaf, the peeled garlic and the peeled tomato cut into small chunks. On top, place the cod steaks and the potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper, drizzle with white wine and olive oil and bake about 40 minutes. Drizzle occasionally the potatoes and the cod with the sauce.
- Remove briefly the baking dish from the oven and add the clams and the shrimp. Place the baking dish back on the oven about 10 minutes until the potatoes and the cod start to turn golden.
- Turn off the oven and serve.