A different way to make cod. A cod balls recipe that can be a great meal to bring to a picnic.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds))
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash, peel the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook about 25 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, place them in a dish and mash the potatoes with a fork; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan with water, cook the cod about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and remove the skin and bones. Shred with a fork and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the shredded cod, stir and simmer about 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and mix in the cod. Turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Pour the beaten egg and the chopped parsley and stir until obtain a compact mixture. Allow to cool completely.
- Mold with your hands small portions of the previous mixture in the shape of balls and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When the oil starts bubbling, add the cod balls and fry them over medium heat. Occasionally, turn the balls with the help of a spoon. When the cod balls are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the cod balls with carrot rice.