Want to prepare an easy, fast and economical dish, try our tasty typical recipe of fish "pataniscas".
- 2 dogfish steaks (about 400 grams (14 ounces))
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour with yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion to cook the fish
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the fish in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a small onion and a bunch of coriander. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and simmer about 10 minutes. When the fish is cooked, drain it with the help of a skimmer and place on a plate. Remove the skin and the bones and flake it with a fork. Reserve the cooking water.
- In a bowl, dissolve the flour and the pepper in a little of the fish cooking water. Stir, add the shredded fish with the chopped parsley, chopped onion, the egg and a little salt. Mix everything and rectify the seasoning if necessary (if the dough is too liquid, add a little more flour).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add small portions of the dough with the help of a tablespoon and fry on both sides. Once fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- Serve the pataniscas with tomato rice.