Going to make a lunch at your house? Prepare these simple puffs stuffed with a delicious shrimp mixture.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 400 grams (14 ounces) puff pastry
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) shrimp
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Coriander (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Thyme (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the shrimps in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a branch of coriander and a peeled onion. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about five minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly (reserve the cooking water). Peel the shrimps and set aside.
- In a bowl, dissolve the corn starch in 100 ml (1/2 cup) of the shrimps cooking water and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the peeled shrimps together with the dissolved corn starch and season with pepper. Stir and simmer about five minutes over low heat until the sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Roll out the puff pastry over a table and place on top the previous mixture. Roll the dough over the filling, brush with slightly beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with thyme. Bake until the pastry starts to golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.