A typical portuguese recipe of goatling in the oven, easy to prepare, seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon juice and garlic, which goes in the oven with jacket potatoes, drizzled with olive oil.
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) goatling cut into pieces
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- Pepper (to taste)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the goatling with salt, pepper, five chopped garlic, lemon juice and white wine. Leave to marinate about two hours.
- Wash the potatoes and cook them with the peel in a pan with water seasoned with salt.
- Place the onions cut into round slices in the bottom of a glass baking dish along with the remaining unpeeled crushed garlic. On top, place the goatling with the marinade and the unpeeled potatoes. Drizzle everything with olive oil and bring to preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about an hour.
- Turn off the oven and serve.