Cake filled with egg yolk sweet and strawberries2014-08-08
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to have a party and want to prepare a delicious cake with excellent presentation? We have the perfect cake for you! A very pleasant cake filled with egg yolk sweet and strawberries!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) pineapple yoghurt
- For the filling:
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- A lemon zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) strawberries
- For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, sugar and lemon zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the honey, the yoghurt and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove from oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely.
- Fir the filling:
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the whole egg; set aside.
- Heat over low heat a saucepan with milk, sugar, lemon peel and cinnamon stick. Stir with a spoon and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool a little.
- Add the eggs mixture stirring constantly. Place the pan back over low heat and stir with a spoon until obtain a quite creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Wash, remove the stem from the strawberries and cut into slices.
- Slice the cake in half with a long knife and fill with the cream and the strawberries slices. Cover with the top slice of the cake and serve (store the cake in the fridge).