Want to prepare a quick and simple cake for the snack? This sponge cake is fluffy and has the delicious and pleasant orange aroma! You gonna love the taste, try it you won’t regret…
- 5 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 10 centimeters (8 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks together with the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Pour the orange juice and beat for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until it starts to gain color (just like on the picture) and in the middle is a little bit higher than the rest of the cake, about 25 to 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.