Very tasty cake, with excellent presentation and very simple to prepare, confectioned with eggs, flour, sugar, carrot and liquid caramel.
- 200 grams (7 ounces) grated carrot
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside in the fridge.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg yolks along with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the grated carrot and the liquid caramel, without stop beating. Then, beat the flour mixed with the baking powder. Finally, fold carefully the egg whites with a spatula.
- Pour the dough in a bundt cake pan (25 x 10 centimeters (9 3/4 x 4 inches)) previously greased with margarine and sprinkled with flour. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 25 to 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven, unmold, let cool and serve.