Ling fish soup2013-12-01
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Extremely tasty this ling fish soup is an ideal hot dish for a winter lunch in family.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) ling fish
- 1.5 liters / (6 1/3 cups) water
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) potatoes
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) penne pasta
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1 small onion to cook the fish
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the fish in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a small onion and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and cook about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the fish with a skimmer (reserve the cooking water). Remove the skin and bones from the fish and cut it into pieces; set aside.
- Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, chopped onion and the peeled garlic. Cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Pour the cooking water together with the potatoes and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 15 minutes. Then, add the pasta and the ling fish, season with a little salt and pepper and simmer more 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve the soup hot.