Snapper in the oven ‘Portuguese style’2013-12-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
Prepare a simple but quite tasty meal. Snapper in the oven drizzled with a delicious bittersweet sauce… Your family and friends will love it and want to repeat… Bon appetit!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 snapper steaks (about 900 grams / (2 pounds))
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium onions
- 1 red pepper
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with a little salt; set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped garlic, the chopped onion, the red pepper cut into strips, the unpeeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the bay leaf in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Then, pour the white wine and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook over medium-low heat for more 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Put them on a baking dish together with the fish and drizzle with the previous mixture. Bake about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.