For a delicious and exquisite breakfast, make these milk breads, serve them warm with a hot drink!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 300 grams (about 2 cups) white flour
- 1 tablespoon dry baker's yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) margarine
- In a bowl, mix the flour and the salt with your hands. Add the baker’s yeast and mix well. Pour some of the milk, the beaten egg, sugar and the melted margarine. Knead everything with your hands and go slowly pouring the remaining milk.
- Place the dough over a table sprinkled with flour and knead it well until it’s fully involved and soft. When this process is completed, let the dough rise in a bowl covered with cling film about 1 hour or until the dough double in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it a little more. Divide the dough in 6 balls and place it in a baking tray lined with tracing paper. Cover with cling film and let stand about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 140ºC (285ºF).
- Brush with beaten egg yolk and bake for 30 minutes until the bread start to turn slightly golden. Remove the milk bread from the oven, and serve preferably hot.