A bread recipe very simple to prepare, dough confectioned with flour, baker’s yeast, olive oil, salt and water, which are going to the oven brushed with egg yolk and sprinkled with oregano.
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125 ml / (1/2 cup) water
- 1 egg yolk
- Oregano (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baker's yeast (fresh or dry yeast)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the flour in a bowl along with the egg, water, salt, olive oil and, knead everything well. Then, add the baker’s yeast and continue to knead. Place the dough on a table dusted with flour, rub your hands with a little olive oil to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands and, knead about 10 minutes until the dough is fully involved and soft. Let stand about 25 minutes in a bowl covered with cling film.
- Grease a baking tray with margarine and sprinkle with flour. Divide the dough into six, place on the tray, knead a little more and give them the desired shape. Place small portions of the grated cheese over each dough piece, and close the dough over the cheese. Let stand about 10 minutes.
- Brush the top of each one with the beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 30 minutes until browned.