If there are flavors that connect well are the chocolate and the orange! Imagine a creamy and delicious cake with these aromas… You have to try this tasty chocolate orange cake!
- 125 grams (1 cup) chocolate powder
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, orange zest and sugar until a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder and the orange juice and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.