Do you like shrimp and want to prepare a simple recipe? Combine the shrimp with the rice and make this an easy but at the same time delicious recipe. Bon appetit!!!
- 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds) shrimp
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the shrimp in a saucepan with water (at least 1 liter (about 4 cups)) seasoned with salt, an unpeeled small onion and a bunch of coriander. Boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook the shrimp about five minutes. When the shrimp is cooked, drain with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Reserve the cooking water, peel the shrimp and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped garlic, the chopped onion, the red pepper sauce and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the rice and the shrimp and season with a little salt. Pour the shrimp cooking water (enough water to completely cover the mixture), stir and boil over medium-high heat. When the water starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.